Some questions relating to setting up a church website with WordPress;
What are the wordpress hosting options?
Are there any themes ready made for churches available?
Yes, several. There are themes from LivingOS which are directly related to churches.
How can I change the ‘look’ of the church website?
How can I put a map on my church website to help people find the church?
I recommend using a plugin for embedding maps in pages and posts called GeoPress.
Also, Google now allows embedding of maps, which can be done much more easily than using a plugin and work for all websites.
How can I monitor who is visiting the website?
There are many website statistics packages available, which give information such as: who is linking to the church website; what pages people are looking at; and what links people are clicking on when they leave the site.
Until this list is fleshed out a little more, here are some related links;
More (related) links:
- Who are the users of the church website?
- Unchanging (static) pages on your church’s website
- Your church being searched on google
- Your church’s leadership and the church’s website
- What features does a church need on its homepage?
- To blog or not to blog (for a church)?
- Are church websites different from blogs?
And Cory Miller has done a series on creating church websites with wordpress.